My application is asking for database information - where do I get it?
Nearly all web applications have a database back-end that require a MySQL database. During the application's installation, you will be asked for these database details:
- MySQL Host:
- 192.168.12.5 (MariaDB for enhanced performance!)
- Option 1: "localhost" (Normal MySQL Database)
- Option 2: 192.168.12.5 (MariaDB for enhanced performance!)
- Username - The user assigned to the database with adequate permissions to manipulate it.
- Password - The password for the user assigned to the database.
- Database Name - The name of the database you want the application to use.
Databases can be created and configured by using the "MySQL Database Wizard" within cPanel.