Next week we are going to start the PHP 5 upgrades on all shared/reseller Linux servers. This was planned for before Christmas and then postponed. I'm hoping everyone has had a chance to prepare for this now.
We are going to keep one server with PHP 4 only and this server will be Beta server. If you are on Beta and would like PHP 5 we will need to move you to another server. If you are on another server and would like to remain with PHP 4 we will move you to Beta. If either of these apply to you please email email@example.com
to request the move and we will do that this week and over the weekend. If you need both PHP 4 and 5 then you'll need to open a separate account on a PHP 4 or 5 server (depending on which you are sticking with in the first place).
Hopefully this is a solution that caters to all scenarios. We will start the upgrades next week on Tuesday afternoon (US EST) and there should be no noticable downtime (just an apache restart) but please allow a maintenance window of a few hours.
On Tuesday we will start with Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Zeta and Eta.
On Wednesday we will do Iota, Kappa, Lamda, Sigma and Omega.
On Thursday we will do Callisto, Phobos, Europa, Atom, Ion and Muon.
This schedule might be fine tuned slightly and if there is a change I'll email clients on each server separately.
Also any servers with earlier versions of PHP 5 will be upgraded to 5.2.5.
Many thanks in advance.