Nexology Community

Go Back   Nexology Community > Support Zone > Server and Policy Issues > Plesk Linux Servers

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 04:18 AM   #11
HaveANiceDay

I'm pretty fortunate in that my company is GREAT about flex time and tele-commuting. Doesn't matter how we get our hours, as long as at the end of the week we have enough. And one can always burn a sick/vac/comp day.

In my area of work, electrical engineer / software dude, I'm pretty lucky that a lot of the work can be done at home. Currently working on a VB app for a customer, so no problem doing that right here in my den.

But- when it was bad, I had to still dig out and take the wife and daughter to work. Barely make it home Weds morning, was close and ended up slightly sideways into the driveway but at least in the driveway.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." -- Bill Cosby

MiddleGround | MGWebDomains.com | MGWebDomains.net

"With the Heart and Mind united in a single Perfect Sphere." (Neil Peart)
middleground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #12
HN Dinosaur

We weren't under a weather emergency here, but some counties around us were, they will ticket you if you are caught on the roads without being emergency personel or coming to or from work, they consider that essential travel but won't let you go to the movies, shopping or anything like that.

The first couple of times that it gets slick each season, there are several wrecks here but after that everyone gets used to driving in it and it isn't so bad. Where we live, we get made fun of because the northern part of the state is all flat and has much more snow than we do, but then some of those people have reason to be in our southern area during a snow storm and they start to understand that driving on hilly, curvy roads is quite different than driving on straight, flat roads. If you don't make it all the way to the top of the hill then you start sliding backwards down the hill, that is great fun, we do that in our driveway sometimes.

Actions speak louder than Social Media Updates.
Pinsprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #13
HaveANiceDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinsprings
...they start to understand that driving on hilly, curvy roads is quite different than driving on straight, flat roads. If you don't make it all the way to the top of the hill then you start sliding backwards down the hill, that is great fun, we do that in our driveway sometimes.
Oh yeah- been there. Sometimes several attempts to make up the hills. then you got to love the fools who stop part way up...

I love the melt during the day and then the refreeze at night. I pay attention on the way home and anything that is wet will be frozen on the way to work next morning.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." -- Bill Cosby

MiddleGround | MGWebDomains.com | MGWebDomains.net

"With the Heart and Mind united in a single Perfect Sphere." (Neil Peart)
middleground is offline   Reply With Quote